*** NEW FOR SEASON 2022***
Our Novice Program is for our youngest players who have an interest in learning football.
It is a program for beginners. Here are some specific details about the Novice Program.
- The Novice Program is open for boys and girls aged 6 & 7 that calendar year.
- Novice teams play Flag Football - No contact
- Novice team play 5 on 5. Each season we'll have multiple Novice Teams based on the number of registrations. The focus of Novice is to develop skills and fall in love with football.
- Novice Teams use the Wilson K2 Ball size. This is the same ball used at the youngest organized competitive level of the game, ideal for ages 6-9.
- Game play is setup on a quarter of the football field.
- Games are scheduled at locations in Edmonton and surrounding communities (Sherwood Park, St Albert, Ft Sask etc.)
One weekend game and one practice per week (TBD each season) and will remain that night throughout the season.
Novice Program begins mid August, with league games starting after the Labour Day weekend and wraps up mid October.
Rental from the Club (as part of the registration fee's)
- Flag (Soft Helmet, Belt & Flags, Practice/Game Jerseys)
Other MANDATORY Required Equipment - Not provided
- Football Cleats (or acceptable rubber cleat alternative) - No metal cleats
- Good quality mouth guard
CDMFA Flag rule book
CDMFA Youth Flag Football Playbook
For more registration information - Click here
Are you interested in Coaching, however unsure how to get involved?
Our entire club is run by volunteers! Please reach out to our Coaching Director and we will be in touch with you to help point you in the right direction!